What is Own Art?
The Own Art scheme makes buying art easier by allowing you to spread the cost of your purchase over 10 months with an interest free loan.
What can I buy using on Own Art?
You can choose from almost anything you want, it must be made by a living artist and over £100 including postage.
Own Art cannot be used for
- Limited edition original prints where the edition size exceeds 150.
- Reproduction prints of any kind in any edition size, regardless of whether they have been signed and numbered by the artist.
- Photographs or digital reproductions of original images created in other media.
I want to use Own Art but how do I get started?
Deciding on which artwork you want can be tricky, whatever you decide contact us email@example.com and we would be happy to assist you with the application.
Am I eligible for Own Art?
Own Art is available to all permanent UK residents over the age of 18, subject to status.
This means that you must be able to meet one of the following criteria in order to apply for a loan:
- Working at least 16 hours a week (employed or self-employed)
- A retired person in receipt of a pension
- A person in receipt of disability allowance
If you do not meet one of these criteria but are married to or living with a partner who does, then you may still apply provided that your partner is happy for their income details to be included on your application form.